Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

My wife and I are Spanish citizens and residents, In the

Customer Question

My wife and I are Spanish citizens and residents, In the year 2013 we sold a house in Miami and filed thru a cpa in Miami a return of $11,500for the sell.- (50% in my name and 50% in the name of my wife) .- I received a check in my name in february of this year and we are still awaiting for the check to my wife (Marta Jimenez-Rojo) .- Is there a way of knowing why is taking so long to receive it????
Felipe A. Sanchez
Category: Finance
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question. I assume you are referring to the withholding that is required when a foreign citizen sells real property in the US? For some reason the IRS does take a considerable amount of time to process these returns. Have you checked on the status of the refund?