Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

I need an expert to review my Marsden calculation, since

Customer Question

I need an expert to review my Moore Marsden calculation, since there was a refinance done before marriage and money taken out , I have problem calculating separate property fractional share. According to the MooreMarsden table entry the separate property fractional share is computed using Original purchase price less reduction in principal during marriage. This entry doesn't account for the second mortgage , please help
Category: Finance
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 2 months ago.

Hello again!

It appears that you question is listed in Finance/Tax.

Have you tried the following calculator? It takes into account the refinance.

http://mooremarsdencalc.com/index.php/calculator

Let me know how it works for you.

Best regards,

Barb

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, I have a specific question, I have done most of the rest of the calculation, my question is how is "the separate Property Fractional Share" calculated when there is a second mortgage taken out. Without the second mortgage it is simply the the Original purchase price less the reduction in principal during marriage divided by the original price. I need a very expert in Moore-Marsden calculation, please do research and let me know
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 2 months ago.

I am not an expert in the Moore-Marsden calculation, but let me see what I can find out.

If I am unsuccessful, I will opt out and another expert may be able to assist you.

Expert:  bkb1956 replied 2 months ago.

The following link contains an example WITH A REFINANCE:

http://mesniklaw.com/how-is-a-moore-marsden-calculation-effected-by-a-refinance-or-re-title/

Let me know if this is helpful. If not, I will opt out rather than wasting any more of your time.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, I need the reply soon,
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need the information urgently
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 2 months ago.

I will opt out and another expert can assist.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am very disappointed, after a whole day of wait , you tell me now you will opt out. I need this critical information and now I have waisted a whole day. You should hae let me know earliy if you can't handle the question.
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 months ago.

Hi again. PDtax here. I worked with you on a related divorce question a few days ago. I can assist, but the price offered is low for the analysis.

I can with this up this morning if you accept my Offer of Premium Service. Please advise by 9 am EST if you still want and need assistance.

Expert:  PDtax replied 2 months ago.

My schedule today is busy from 10am on. I'm sorry I could not assist today.

I will opt out.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't need analysis , I asked a specific question on calculating "separate property fractional share" when 2nd mortgage is involved is taken and money was taken out. With just the 1st mortgage it is (original purchase pice -reduction in principal during marriage) divided by original purchase plan.Looks like nobody knows the answer and everybody is deflecting the issue.
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 months ago.

I have done these, but my offer stands, since you need specifics, not just how to do this, and they are not listed in the question text. And, since you are at a stopping point, my work not only has to be on point but I likely have to explain what you missed, adding to the complexity and time.

Good luck with your request.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am willing to pay but I want to make sure I get what I paid for, there is a standard spread sheet for the calculation but there is no entry for second mortgage , all I am asking is how the 2nd mortgage entry made
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If you can convince me you know how to handle the second mortgage part , we can make a deal
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please reply to my message
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 months ago.

The way the site works, we typically do not get to respond to a question once we have opted out. This appears to be an exception. I am glad to shed some light on my responses.

My original Offer was based on what i believed to be substantial time in doing your calculation, your stated need for rush assistance, and explaining my methodology. As I previously responded,

"I have done these, but my offer stands, since you need specifics, not just how to do this, and they are not listed in the question text. And, since you are at a stopping point, my work not only has to be on point but I likely have to explain what you missed, adding to the complexity and time."

You told the first assisting expert you had a rush priority last night.

I had time available this morning, as stated previously. I do not have time to assist now until tomorrow. As such, I opted out so other experts could review your rush request and advise.

I am sorry my offer to assist did not meet your needs, and opted out due to time constraints, as I thought you really needed a quick response.

PDtax

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am ok if I can get the information by tomorrow, Have you handled a scenario as what I have. Did you have to deal with 2nd Mortgage taken out for improvements before marriage in Moore Marsden calculation ? Can you send me an example: let's say purchase price is 100K, 2nd mortgage taken out is 10K , and there is 5K in reduction of principal loan (100k) . According to the standard Moore Marsden calculation, "Separate Property Fractional Share is = (100k - 5k)/100K , Now if 2nd mortgage is involved what will the equation look like, that is all what I am asking. I am a math major and know a little about numbers.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please send reply to my message
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please reply to my question