TaxRobin, Senior Advisor
Experience:  15 years of experience in financial advising with emphasis on tax issues.

Thank you Robin. The tax benefit I was referring to was the

Customer Question

Thank you Robin. The tax benefit I was referring to was the ability of the man (by taking himself out of the loop inheritance-wise w/r/t that property) to NOT have the value of the property reduce his lifetime exemption, as he has other assets, and the inclusion of that property would push his worth over the exemption limit. Hence my question about "poisoning" the disclaimer. Am I being clear? It's hard to express!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 month ago.

As long as you never legally own the property then this disclaimer of inheritance woudl not be a GIFT from you nor woudl it reduce your Lifetime allowance especially for your estate.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 month ago.

If you disclaim properly then the property woudl not be a part of your estate either.