Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

How do I pay a get removed a debt on credit report. I did

Customer Question

How do I pay a get removed a debt on credit report. I did one of them by myself. But there are two others that are low debt ($85, & $55 respectively), the collection agency IC Systems does not answer phone. Both debts are from AT&T
Category: Finance
Expert:  emc011075 replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You can go to the original credit. If it is AT&T I would call AT&T directly. Just make sure that you get a confirmation that it is all paid off.

Unfortunately the records will not be removed from your credit report. It will stay there for 10 years. It will be updated within 30 days to show as satisfied/paid off. The credit reports track your credit history, not just the current standing.

The only time the credit bureau remove a debt record is if the debt was posted by mistake.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you.
Just want my score to go up. I have two credit cards now with excellent payment history. I own my own home. (No mortgage) no debt at all. I have $120,000 in the bank. I want to pre qualify for some investment property and they said I need a credit score of 720 to qualify. My current score is 653. Not sure how to make it go up. Doesn't seem right.

The older the debt the less likely it will lower your credit score. Paying it off may increase your credit score by few points but not by 50+ points. Credit bureaus don't care about credits scores. Their only concern is to accurately report your credit history. It takes some time to build up your credit score and will not happen overnight.