Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years

What happens when someone takes funds from Tanf out of

Customer Question

What happens when someone takes funds from Tanf out of need.....But when not needed anymore they continue to draw the funds.......
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 1 month ago.

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

TANF -- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families is essentially a need based program and to become eligible and receive it, you need to satisfy certain criteria. A time comes, when you are no longer eligible due to increase in income or whatever reason. There will be times when you will not follow the program.

In your case, it is best advised that you stop receiving payments from your side. I would suggest to remain pro-active at this stage and stop it from your side. The reason is -- if you are receiving payments when you are no longer eligible OR if you no longer need them, you may be subject to penalties and sanctions. The last level of sanction would leave in ineligible in the time of dire need in future for as long as six months.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,