Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney

Looking through my mother's old things (she passed away) I

Customer Question

Looking through my mother's old things (she passed away) I found an old savings account book for Bank of Nevada Savings with a balance of 97.00 from 1979. I did not know she had kept it for me but is it still valid and if so how do I verify it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using It might or might not be valid. It will depend on if she kept the account or not and if the bank is still open. I found link:

Which I guess is the same bank but you would need to confirm the account with them. If this is a probate issue then it could have already passed to someone else if your name was not on the account. There are many issues involved with this that I am unable to answer. Without anyone claiming this account and if you name is ***** ***** or it will pass to you in probate, then you should be able to claim the funds within. Again, just call the bank with your account number and confirm:
Bank of Nevada Headquarters
2700 West Sahara Avenue
Las Vegas, NV###-##-#######) ###-####/p>

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?