bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast
Experience:  IRS Enrolled Agent, 18+ years of experience in tax preparation with associated finance experience.

Is debt reduction program a good option if you owe more than

Customer Question

Is debt reduction program a good option if you owe more than what ypu ate making
Category: Finance
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

A debt reduction program can be a good option, BUT many debt reduction companies are scams and accomplish A LOT LESS than what you can do on your own by negotiating with your creditors.

It will take some time to contact your creditors, explain your situation, etc., but many have hardship programs that allow you to make lower payments for a specific amount of time.

My best advice would be to attempt to negotiate on your own before using a debt reduction company.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Expert:  bkb1956 replied 2 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,