bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast
Experience:  IRS Enrolled Agent, 18+ years of experience in tax preparation with associated finance experience.
71603090

I'm 60, want to work 10 more years I have money in my

Customer Question

i'm 60, want to work 10 more years
I have money in my checking account and I feel like I can get a better return than the bank, something I know everyone would agree with.
I have $78,000 in my account. What's a low risk way to invest in cases similar to mine?
Thanks!
Category: Finance
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You are correct that you can receive a better return on your money than by keeping it in a bank account.

The following link contains excellent information regarding investments which you will find helpful:

http://www.moneycrashers.com/low-risk-investments-high-returns/

Just Answer rules prohibit experts from specifically recommending a specific company, etc.

Once you review the information in the link, please let me know if you have any other questions, and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

very helpful. If I want to say invest in a mutual fund or any of the things on the list, where do I go? Ameritrade? Do they sell stocks and bonds?
Lost on this issue and I know how critical it is. Thanks!!

Expert:  bkb1956 replied 4 months ago.

You most certainly can use Ameritrade or eTrade or you can use a conventional broker such as Fidelity, Charles Schwab, etc.

Doing your own research before investing will also help.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb

Expert:  bkb1956 replied 4 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb