Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years

The deluxe corporation has just signed a 168month lease on

Customer Question

the deluxe corporation has just signed a 168month lease on an asset with a 19 year life. the minimun lease payments are 1,300 per month (15,600 per year) and are to be discounted back to present at a 9 percent annual discount rate. the estimated fair value of the property is 165,000. calculate the lease period as a percentage to the estimated life of the leased property
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: also need to calculate he present value of lease payments as a percentage to the fair value of the property. also, should the lease be recored as a capital lease or operating lease
Category: Finance
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 2 months ago.

Please advise your deadline. Also, please note that Just Answer offers a premium service where I can help you through email. This would involve an additional charge, but since I agree with your offer, I can charge you the lowest possible charge for email help ($5). I prefer to work through emails as communication and solution would be private and no one would be able to see the solutions but you. If you agree, please tell me and I will send you an offer

Thank you