Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years

The question revolves per diem and whether a crew member on

Customer Question

the question revolves per diem and whether a crew member on a fishing boat can claim per diem while at sea, away from home
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: does a crew member , who is aboard a fishing vessel out at sea able to claim per diem for away from home
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Finance
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I can help. I have a few questions to clarify things. Does the fishing boat in question fish in international waters or part of the US territorial water? The standard per diem rates only apply to travel in the continental United States. Do you actual pay for any meals yourself or does you employer provide them free of charge as part of your employment?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that I don't know. but they are out of Alaska fishing for all kinds of fish. I will have to ask my client these good questions