Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I am collecting ssi and still working. At the present time

Customer Question

I am collecting ssi and still working. At the present time per the doctor I can only work 4 hours per day. I am collecting my state disability for the other 4 hours. Is this permitted?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Not sure what else to tell you?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: My disability is terminal cancer.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

Hi.

...

Can you clarify one piece of this for me?

...

Are you on SSDI or SSI.

....

SSDI is Social Security Disability (eligibiity for this comes from (1) being disabled and (2) hacing worked in the system long enough to be "insured under the system.")

...

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes):

...

It is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income; and

It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter.

...

If you are on SSDI, (not a means tested benefit), then this is fine as long as you don not generate more than 1130 in cineom per month.

...

If you are on SSI, the the income generated may reduce your SSI dollar for dollar

...

let me know and we can go from there

...

lane

Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did you see my request for more information?

...

Let me know whether you are on SSI ore SSDI, and I can give you a specific answer.

...

Lane