Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

What are the restrictions down to the required amount in

Customer Question

What are the restrictions for spending down to the required amount in Ohio?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 4 months ago.

...

In Ohio, the spenddow can be met in three ways:

(1) Showing proof proof of monthly medical exenses (medical premiums, paying down previously unpaid medical bills, current medical expenses) that consistently meet or exceed the monthly spenddown.

...

(2) a delayed spenddown, where (if you don't have medical expenses that are over the income limit) you show proof - in months wher you do - to your caseworker when you HAVE met the amount and on that day become eligiible for Medicaid and then it stops again at the end of the month.

...

(3)Paying-in the spenddown amount directly, to CDJFS, so that you will have a card for the ful month - The medicaid card will cover the entire month and is dated from the first of the month to the end of the month

Expert:  Lane replied 4 months ago.

The following items qualify for the spenddown:

Expert:  Lane replied 4 months ago.

Medical bills (eye exams, prescriptions, physical therapy, medical equipment, lab work)

....

Medical Insurance Premiums (health, dental, vision, long term care)

...

Co-pays and deductibles,

...

Medicare premiums

...

Transportation to medical appointments

...

Disposable medical equipment

...

Expert:  Lane replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

Otherwise I’m working for no crediting at all here

...

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.