Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

02 July 2016 12:42. The 2 month late payment has dropped my

Customer Question

02 July 2016 12:42.
The 2 month late payment has dropped my score by 90 points. Which is outrageous. Back to the same question. So when the payment was made for the 2 months, will the creditor inform the credit bureau about the payments, and my score will go back up ? I'm afraid those 60 days payments will negatively affect the score and hopefully not remain on there.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome again. Thank you for your reply.

Let me come straight to the point to avoid confusion. I understand you are bothered by the 2 month late payment that caused over 90-point drop in your score.

YES -- the creditor HAS to inform the credit bureau. This is usually done within 30 days of your making the payment. I am more than sure that by end of 30 days if you review your score, it would have improved.

So far as the late payment remaining on the Credit score is concerned, the effect will not stay once the creditor updates the bureaus. Typically, as I just said above, happens within 30-days of making of your payment.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,