TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor
Experience:  15 years of experience in financial advising with emphasis on tax issues.
14155347

I am trying to finish up a clients tax return extension. He

Customer Question

I am trying to finish up a clients tax return extension. He lives in AZ. I was able to efile the Fed but AZ is not allowing me to efile. Does AZ accept extensions through efile? How do I make the AZ state accept the return?
Category: Finance
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Your completed extension form must have been filed by April 18, 2016.

Individuals who filed a timely Arizona Form 204 for an automatic six-month extension to file, the due date for your Arizona tax return is October 17, 2016. Arizona will accept a valid federal extension for the period covered by the federal extension.

If this is an extension you are attempting to file for the tax year 2015, it is too late.

You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.
You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 5 months ago.

Checking to see if you responded

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 5 months ago.

Did you need clarification about how and when to file an extension?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi. Sorry. The extension was already filed before April because he was afraid all the info he needed wouldn't be ready by the deadline. His return is complete. The feds already accepted his return. Its now AZ that I am having issues with. For whatever reason it is not efiling with them.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 5 months ago.

That makes more sense.

Last day to efile a 2015 Arizona State Income Tax Return for tax extension filers and late efilers is Oct 17, 2016.

Are you not receiving any report about the e-file option for Arizona? No reason that relates to the state filing only?

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 5 months ago.

Checking to see if you responded