emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

If I am an exempt employee, can my employer provide me comp

Customer Question

If I am an exempt employee, can my employer provide me comp time for working on a day off or additional hours?
Category: Finance
Expert:  emc011075 replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you are exempt employee, it means you set salary per pay period regardless how many hours you work or not work. 40 hour week doesn't apply to exempt employees. The employer is not required to keep track of your time or pay overtime. The employer can give you time off at his discretion but is not required to.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** not want a monthly rate. I only wanted this question answered. Thank you

You're welcome.

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

And I will inform the customer service about the no monthly rate request.