Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years

I gave a Tax Attorney a $4500.00 retainer, and then $450.00

Customer Question

I gave a Tax Attorney a $4500.00 retainer, and then $450.00 a month for a year to represent me in front of the IRS for a tax problem I have. After all that money and time, he strung me along. I found out later thru the BBB that is what he does, when it came time to represent me in front of the IRS he said I owed him money and he dropped my case like a ton crap and I had to go before the IRS by myself. I can tell you ot did not work out the way he said it would and I still owe over $68,000.00 in income taxes between the Federal Government and the State Tax in the State that I reside. Every year they take any refund that I have coming to me and still have a lien on my property for the full amount owed. Some how I think I got screwed by this man and I do not know what to do. Can you help?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 4 months ago.

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist.

I feel really sorry for your situation. From what you have narrated, it becomes more than clear that you have been a victim of poorest and unprofessional service by your lawyer. This seems a clear case of professional misconduct and negligence as well.

My very strong advice would be to approach CT Bar Association and file a complaint with them against your lawyer. Please refer and follow the following link.

You not only have right to ask for your fees but also go after him for the damage that he has caused to you.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,