Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I can't seem to find my income tax assessment paper and I

Customer Question

i can't seem to find my income tax assessment paper and I know that I paid out over $400.00 so how can I get a copy that you have sent me that you have received it. I've filed online as my brother-in-law had me do it on his computer so that he could stand over me? How long will it take to get a copy and how do I go about getting it?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

...

You can go online and order what's called a "tax account transcript."

...

From here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-return-transcript-types-and-ways-to-order-them

...

We offer the following transcript types at no charge to you:

• Tax Return Transcript - shows most line items from your original tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as filed, including any forms and schedules. It doesn’t show changes made after you filed your original return. A return transcript usually meets the needs of lending institutions offering mortgages and student loans.
  • Tax Account Transcript - shows basic data such as return type, marital status, adjusted gross income, taxable income and all payment types. It also shows changes made after you filed your original return.
  • Record of Account Transcript - combines the tax return and tax account transcripts above into one complete transcript.
  • Wage and Income Transcript - shows data from information returns we receive such as Forms W-2, 1099, 1098 and Form 5498, IRA Contribution Information. Current tax year information may not be complete until July.
Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

Just to have a full record of everything (plus the payments that will ben included)

...

YOU might want to consider the Record of Account Transcript

...

Again, you can get those on line here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I know it takes an extra step, but JustAnswer won’t credit us for the work until you rate.

...

Thank you!

Lane

I have a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice since 1986.

Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

...

Let me know…

...

Thanks

Lane