Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years

I was married and now divorced . Is my ex-wife

Customer Question

I was married for 14yrs and now divorced for 25yrs. Is my ex-wife entitle to any part of my full disability funds which was based off my regular social security and I received the greater which was full disability.
Category: Finance
Expert:  emc011075 replied 5 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. If you ex is single he may be eligible for spousal benefits. How much it will depends on his work records, his social security credits, his age and when he applies for the benefits. If he applies early, he will get higher of his own or spousal benefits.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok- she has very little work history and is on s.s.disability already and has not remarried. I took a early retirement at 62 and she's only 60 if that makes any difference.
As soon as she is 62 she can apply for spousal benefits. She will be eligible for about 30% your benefits if she apply at 62, 50% if she wait until full retirement age. She will receive higher of 100% of hers or 30 - 50% of yours, depending on when she applies.