Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years

EE bonds were purchased in 1986. Are they still earning interest?

Customer Question

EE bonds were purchased in 1986. Are they still earning interest? Do they need to be redeemed/cash-in now? Thank you.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 5 months ago.
Dear Friend,Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you. Please remain online for a while as I prepare your reply.
Depending upon when you purchased them in 1986, they had different interest rate and the maturity. However, so far as the maturity goes they have matured by now. Please refer the following link. Post this maturity date, they are not earning any interest. You will need to redeem it now. I am sure this would help. You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question. Warm Regards,