Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

I am thinking about changing my auto insurance on the 5th of

Customer Question

I am thinking about changing my auto insurance on the 5th of this month and last night someone broke into my car while I was at school in sfo and stole my purse,laptop, ipad and several other things. They broke both my windshield and side door window to get in. Should I pay to get the window fixed myself or should I file a claim? I know one of the first questions the insurance companies have been asking me to give me a rate is have I had any claims in the past two to three years. I don't want to have trouble getting a new insurance policy because of this claim but I have three cars to insure and I don't want to get some outrageous rate either? Also, I did wait around to file an police report can I do that now even though I live in another city?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 9 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.What is estimated cost of the damage your vehicle sustained and what is your current insurance deductible?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

The deductible is 500.00 and the damages will far exceed this amount but I don't have an amount just yet.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I need to get the windows repaired in my vehicle right away so I can use it to go to work and to school can I pay for the glass and get reimbursed for this from my insurance afterwards?