Angie, Tax Preparer
Experience:  Bookkeeping, Profit and Loss, Balance SheetsAll types of US Taxes, Tennessee taxes, Personal, business, payroll, sales tax etc.

How do I calculate adjusted gross income from rental

Customer Question

how do I calculate adjusted gross income from rental property?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Angie replied 6 months ago.
Income and expenses from a rental property are reported on a Schedule E. The bot***** *****ne number on the Schedule E then is carried to the form 1040 Line 17. All the lines on the first page are then calculated to figure the AGI which appears on the last line of the first page of this form.
Expert:  Shawn P Adamo replied 6 months ago.
I would recommend buying tax software (it will be tax deductible). It will walk you through it and automatically post the numbers to other forms as required and the calculations will be accurate. I'll offer you a call to discuss the brand and version.
Expert:  Angie replied 5 months ago.
Just checking back to make sure you got your issue handled.I'm not sure how the other expert interjected here...but If you need additional help please let me know. If you are satisfied with my service, I ask that you take a moment to rate me using the stars or smiley faces, this is how I receive compensation from Just Answer and ensures experts like me are available to answer your questions in the future. if you would like to work with me again, simply type "ForCustomeramp;quot; in your question title and I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.