LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

If I sign an affadavit lien release stating all payments

Customer Question

If I sign an affadavit lien release stating all payments have been made to suppliers even though it hasn't, what would be consequences? thanks.
Category: Finance
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. You asked: If I sign an affadavit lien release stating all payments have been made to suppliers even though it hasn't, what would be consequences? The consequence would be that you are releasing the lien and waiving your right to collect further payments. If you are still owed money and want to be able to collect that in the future but you want to release the lien, you may do that as well. A lien placed by you may be released by you for any reason---not simply because the debt has been paid in full. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug