Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years

I am pregnant and on Medicaid. I am planning on getting married

Customer Question

I am pregnant and on Medicaid. I am planning on getting married before the baby is born and my husband has good income and health insurance.
What happens to my Medicaid as it relates to my existing pregnancy?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 6 months ago.
Dear Friend,Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you. NO--You will still continue to receive Medicaid Coverage. If you qualify at any point in your pregnancy (and that's when you get it) they don't take it away. BUT after you're married if you try again for pregnancy medicaid and you both make too much together you won't get it. So, in nutshell, you will continue to receive the Medicaid coverage until your child is born. After that, you and your husband's combined income with count. I am sure this would help. You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question. Warm Regards,