Shawn P Adamo
Shawn P Adamo, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
Experience:  CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
15641319

What exactly does bookkeeping entail and how hard is it with

Customer Question

What exactly does bookkeeping entail and how hard is it for someone with no experience to learn? Also, what is the average salary for someone who does bookkeeping entry level? Lastly, what is the difference from bookkeeping and scanning receipts into the computer and placing them in separate folders?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Shawn P Adamo replied 1 year ago.

I's pretty simple but requires a basic accounting knowledge. No degree. No CPA license. The difference is between a secretary filing things in a cabinet (anyone can do that) and someone who use Microsoft word to type a letter. Like the letter typer you need at least simple skills.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is filing and scanning receipts any different than bookkeeping? What is the difference? Also, what is the average pay for an entry level bookkeeper?

I'll offer you a call to respond in detail. I will reduce the $50.00 price.

I'm free for about 15 minutes and I can probably explain in much better on the telephone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For some reason is not working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says payment error.

Try another card first.

hmmm I see the term "payment failure" . The technology here gets strange sometimes. I can answer it easily but I cannot type my number because otherwise it goes pubic. When someone pays we get to share a confidential screen and only you see it (or all the crazies call me).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you write me back with the answer.Thanks

If that fails please call customer service at(###) ###-####and they will make it work. I'll stay here a bit longer just so I can answer you

Its way too long to type it and explain. Here is another example. Can for file things by customer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you please try again, because I got to go to a meeting in little bit.
But I prefer writing so I can save it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to find out whats the average pay for an entry level bookkeeper.

If you will accept my response I'll make sure you understand

for an attorney scanning it runs documents through a scanner and they are sored electronically on the computer in one giant file. From there you can sort them by client (like filing) (like walking). A bookkeeper does the invoice billing for the attorney, records the checks receives and puts together accounting records (money in/money out= income statement. This includes all payments (from clients as well as whatever else - settlements, electric bills, etc.).

Then I'll explain the "average pay" for an entry level bookeeeper

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
something similar in small scale.

I will leave for a bit since there has been no acceptance of my answer