Shawn P Adamo
Shawn P Adamo, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
Experience:  CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
15641319

This queston is more credit professional than a tax

Customer Question

This queston is more for a credit professional than a tax professional.
Here is the story. I have a client, recently married, who ran up 50 k in credit card debt while out of town. Here husband s a partner in a successful health care practice, that he helped build. She ran up her own cards, and thought her husband would pay them as part of bills when she was out of town. He did not, saying he thought she was paying them. When she came back from her trip, she called up the card companies and started paying again with the help of her husband. Most of her debt has been on 0 % cards that are about to go up in interest. Her credit score is now low. She is concerned about her payments going up. Her husband does have the funds he could pay off the debt in full, but he wants to use it as a down payment for a house. Her personal income is inadequate to pay her cards by herself. as this time. What are her options as this time? Can she freeze her card interest and simply pay off the cards by ceasing to use the cards? Does this hurt her credit badly? Are there any other options out there? How does this all work?
Category: Finance
Expert:  PDtax replied 8 months ago.

Hi from just Answer. I'm PDtax. I can assist, but the price offered is low.

I will post an Offer for our Premium Service, and ask for a price increase. Accept, and I can assist later tonight.

Expert:  PDtax replied 8 months ago.

I see you have not accepted my offer to assist. I will opt out.

Expert:  Shawn P Adamo replied 8 months ago.

I will offer you a call to discuss this.