Shawn P Adamo
Shawn P Adamo, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
Experience:  CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
15641319

What is this trade called? This was from an advisory about a

Customer Question

What is this trade called? This was from an advisory about a month ago. I checked today and there's only about $1.5 difference opening credit between the prices of the two compared to 7 at the time of thus advisory. That's less favorable correct? How would this trade play out if it was made today?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Andy4712 replied 11 months ago.

What trade? You need to provide more information.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
on the attachment

I don't know. I will opt out and let another expert answer.

Expert:  Shawn P Adamo replied 11 months ago.

The "play out" depends whether you buy and want to sell later, have it and want to sell now, puts or calls.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Right now the spread is $4. So if closes below 120 in 22 months I'll have to buy brkb at net $116.If it closes betwee 120 and 150 the options will expire worthless and I'll keep the $4.If it closes above 150 I could buy it and then sell it and keep the profit plus the $4. (So if it went to say 170 I'd make $24)If this is all correct is the only way to lose if it trades below $116 in 22 months and I still have to buy it st $116 anyway?