Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Financial Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

My 94 year old mother, Rita ****** has Medicaid Medicare

Customer Question

My 94 year old mother, Rita ****** has Medicaid for her Medicare part B program. the number is **********. How can I enroll her for full Medicaid benefits?
Peggy ******
********************
Category: Finance
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 9 months ago.

Peggy:

Your mother may qualify for assistance in paying her Medicare Premiums or for Medicaid Coverage after she uses her lifetime benefits for Medicare Nursing Home coverage if she requires that level of care. The only way for you to determine what she qualifies for and to make sure she's getting everything that she is entitled to is to deal directly with your State's Medicaid office which is part of the Welfare assistance administration in your State. Medicaid is actually a federal assistance program administered and supplemented by a the States depending upon what State your mother resides in. You will need to either bring your mother with you (if that is even possible) or have her Power of Attorney (POA) in order to deal with Medicaid on her behalf. Some states are not as particular as others in this regard but if you don't have that already, you should have her POA anyway.

This is a public forum so you should probably ask Customer Service to suppress your names & your mother's Medicaid number as well as your email address when you are finished. That direction has to come from you as I would gladly do it for you, but that's above my pay grade.

Looks like one of our moderators was able to suppress all your personal information.

Just checking in. I see you have had a chance to read my response to your question.

Do you have any follow-up questions?

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,