Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

We have income from abroad in Swiss Francs and in Canadian

Customer Question

We have income from abroad in Swiss Francs and in Canadian dollars. What exchange rates should we use to convert these currencies into USD
Category: Finance
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You can use any reasonable method or rate to convert it into USD, the exchange rate on the day you received it, average monthly or weekly exchange rate or you can use IRS average yearly currency exchange rate that can be found here:

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Yearly-Average-Currency-Exchange-Rates

You are still offline. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.