Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant
Experience:  Tax Accountant
58285678

I was added as a secondary user on some credit cards. How

Customer Question

I was added as a secondary user on some credit cards. How can I be removed from these accounts? It is not a spouse.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 9 months ago.

Q: How can I be removed from these accounts?

A: You can contact the credit card companies and make the request to be removed. If they tell you that the primary cardholder has to be the one to make the request, ask to speak with a supervisor. SEE BELOW:

As an authorized user, you would in no way be financially responsible for any unpaid balance on the credit card account. You can have your name removed as an authorized user by calling the card issuer and making the request. Should you be told when you call the card issuer that the cardholder has to make the request to have an authorized user removed from the account, ask to speak to a supervisor. Because you are not a financially responsible party, the card issuer should not have a problem removing your name from the account.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/kim-mcgrigg-joint-credit-card-account-holder-removal-1581.php

----------------------------------------

For additional information, refer to the following link;

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/how-to-remove-a-credit-card-authorized-user-1265.php

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter. If not, a positive rating of 3 or more stars is appreciated so that I can receive credit for assisting you today.