TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor
Experience:  15 years of experience in financial advising with emphasis on tax issues.
14155347

Is it good financially to go into business?

Customer Question

Is it good financially to go into business for myself?
Category: Finance
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

Hello

That really depends on the business and if you are suited to making money in that specific venture.

If a business claims a net loss for too many years, or fails to meet other requirements, the IRS may classify it as a hobby, which would prevent you from claiming a loss related to the business. If the IRS classifies your business as a hobby, you'll have to prove that you had a valid profit motive if you want to claim those deductions.

Business expenses are the cost of carrying on a trade or business. These expenses are usually deductible if the business operates to make a profit.

You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.