PDtax
PDtax, CPA, MBA
Experience:  Tax professional and business consultant for 35 years.
64119565

Currently working on 1099 church and I 't know if I should

Customer Question

Hello, My name is ***** ***** working on 1099 for our church and I don't know if I should issue 1099 to missionarys oversea?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We send mission support to oversea like Singapore and Mexico and others as need arises. and one of them I know they are 501(c)3 but I don't know others
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Financial Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Finance
Expert:  PDtax replied 10 months ago.

hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax. Your requested expert is not available. I can assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 10 months ago.

As long as the foreign contractor is not a U.S. person and the services are wholly performed outside the U.S., then no Form 1099 is required and no withholding is required.

Expert:  PDtax replied 10 months ago.

The foreign recipient of your payment can confirm their status by completing and sending to you a Form W-8BEN for your files.

Expert:  PDtax replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for asking your question at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.