R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Accountant
Experience:  TurboTax Expert. QuickBooks Certified Pro Advisor
63817126

My name is ***** *****. I work as an independent contractor

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** Christopher. I work as an independent contractor for Victorian Vanities, Inc. a 501(c)(3) corporation. I file the tax returns for the corporation. Two companies have issued the corporation 1099's. Victorian Vanities makes less than 25K per year and is only required to do a postcard. What am I supposed to do with the 1099's issued to the corporation. The corporation is incorporated in Pennsylvania.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What else?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Financial Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Finance
Expert:  R. Klein, EA replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for your tax question today.

In regard to receiving 1099s, you just ignore them in this situation, assuming that the total of these two documents is less than 25K. Normally, payers are not supposed to send 1099s to corporations, but when the sender is unsure, it is safer for the payer to send the document than to get a fine for not sending one.

If this satisfies your question, please take a moment to rate the answer. If you need further assistance or clarification, please post a follow-up question and I will be sure to respond.