Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Financial Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

I ran 1099's and 1096 and mailed. Then we discovered we

Customer Question

Hi, I ran 1099's and 1096 and mailed. Then we discovered we missed one. Can I run one 1099 and another 1096 for just this one person or do I need to file amendment for previous reporting? I'm ***** ***** sorry -
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I ran 1099s and the 1096. Mailed them Now my employer discovered she forgot one person who needed a 1099 Can I just do a 1099 and another 1096 for just this one person?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Financial Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking for me.................

Yes. No amendment is needed if you are just adding another 1099. In some cases, depending upon the nature of a correction of a previously filed 1099, 2 1099s are needed--one to wipe out the original one--and one to give the corrected information.

But none of that applies if you just have another one to file. There's no limit on the number of 1096s & 1099s you can file.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have had a chance to review my response. If you don't have any further questions on this topic, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any questions or are you having trouble with the rating system?

Please advise.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in...................

I see that you have had a chance to review my response, but I don't see any follow-up questions?

If you do not have any additional questions, I would appreciate it if you would take a minute to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,