Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Financial Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

I ran 1099's and 1096 and mailed. Then we discovered we

Customer Question

Hi, I ran 1099's and 1096 and mailed. Then we discovered we missed one. Can I run one 1099 and another 1096 for just this one person or do I need to file amendment for previous reporting? I'm ***** ***** sorry -
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I ran 1099s and the 1096. Mailed them Now my employer discovered she forgot one person who needed a 1099 Can I just do a 1099 and another 1096 for just this one person?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Financial Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for asking for me.................

Yes. No amendment is needed if you are just adding another 1099. In some cases, depending upon the nature of a correction of a previously filed 1099, 2 1099s are needed--one to wipe out the original one--and one to give the corrected information.

But none of that applies if you just have another one to file. There's no limit on the number of 1096s & 1099s you can file.

I see that you have had a chance to review my response. If you don't have any further questions on this topic, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,

Do you have any questions or are you having trouble with the rating system?

Please advise.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in...................

I see that you have had a chance to review my response, but I don't see any follow-up questions?

If you do not have any additional questions, I would appreciate it if you would take a minute to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,