Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

If someone borrowed my money. but I did not ask them to make

Customer Question

if someone borrowed my money. but I did not ask them to make the commitment. I just keep checking copy that I have given them, and some money I transferred to them via paypal. so that I do not have evidence to sue them? do you have any idea for me to get my money, back. thank you
Category: Finance
Expert:  Megan C replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question --

Without documentation that the money was a loan, and not a gift you will have a hard time getting money. He will obviously say it was a gift, or a payment of some sort. This is why you should get signed agreements from people. It will be hard to get your money back. Your best bet is to continue to pester them to give you your money.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think no one thought that the amount of 20k as "GIFT" but before that, he had sent a message to me wants to borrow my money. And I answered as agreed. Could I ask my lawyer ask AT & T printed for me the message he sent me, add some evidence, there is considered to be evidence?
Expert:  Megan C replied 10 months ago.

It's going to be hard to get the print out from AT&T -- text messages aren't stored like you may think and it can be costly to get the actual text messages. The best way to do that is to extract them from your own phone. However, you will (to be successful) need likely their signature as they could argue that anyone was on the other end of their phone. I know it seems ridiculous. That said, you can try anything!