Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

Our relative is in an assisted living facility. Her assets

Customer Question

Our relative is in an assisted living facility. Her assets will be used up in 2016. She is 83 and receives about $2,500 in VA & S/S as a widow of a disabled vet. What are the limits to be eleable for Medicade. WA State
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 10 months ago.

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

From what I understand from your situation, if SS and Disability are in only income. Medicaid considers modified gross adjusted income and while doing this, SS and disability are not counted and considered exempt.

So, I believe, your relative should not have any problem while being eligible for Medicaid.

The following is for your general reference and information.

http://www.healthreformbeyondthebasics.org/key-facts-income-definitions-for-marketplace-and-medicaid-coverage/

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,