Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

I just paid off our mortgage. The house is worth approx

Customer Question

I just paid off our mortgage. The house is worth approx $325000. I have an annuity acct with $75000 from a SEP program. I own 175 shares of Apple. I have $75000 in my savings acct and I have no debt. I own approx $450000 of stock in the small private company that I am the VP for. I am 57 and married. My wife and I make approx $275000 per year. We have worked hard to get to this point. What's my next move? Thanks....Bob
Category: Finance
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. Congrats on getting debt free.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Being debt free is the key to long term financial freedom. Note I didn't say wealth, but freedom.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Now is the time to review your 7 figure net worth and take a moment to appreciate the lifetime of effort. After that, now it's time to plan.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Consider where you want to live, and how. Consider how long you want to work. How much your income needs to be to pay for it. This is the goal setting phase of financial planning. Once you know how you want to live, you can figure out what it will cost and then, what steps to take to get there.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

I can help with the process, but it's involved, and will cost more than the deposit you posted.

I will post an Offer to assist. I'll charge for 1.5 hours at my JA rate. Accept, and we can work on this as early as tomorrow.