Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

I have 2 C corporations who were bought out by another

Customer Question

I have 2 C corporations who were bought out by another company on the installment basis. One of the corporations were told by a 3rd party that this in not a capital gain situation and the 3 stockholders split the money they have received up to this point and made very substantial estimated tax payments.
The other Corporation has not yet made any estimated tax payments but this needs to be done by 1/15/16. Please, if you can help me I would appreciate it. I do expect to pay a fair price for your expertise and not just the normal fee. I know my question is very complex and I want to do it right. So please let me know what your fee would be to help me with this
Category: Finance
Expert:  PDtax replied 10 months ago.

Hi. PDtax here. Thanks for asking for me.

The best way I can quote this is for time spent, since there are a number of important factors we need to discuss.

I'll send you a quote for two hours at my Just Answer rate. If I go over that a bit, I'll absorb that on my end. Accept, and we can work on this later today.

I'm in NY, so EST is ahead of you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

sounds good

Expert:  PDtax replied 10 months ago.

I was just notified you rejected my Offer. Sorry we couldn't make a deal.

PDtax

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry, but I failed to tell you they did not sell their stock, only assets

Expert:  PDtax replied 10 months ago.

so the corps sold their assets, and are reporting the sale on the installment basis. The owners are recognizing income over time, with their 4th estimate due in a bit more than a week. OK. Even more complicated.

My offer to assist showed as rejected on my end. Please advise.