Shawn P Adamo
Shawn P Adamo, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
Experience:  CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
15641319

I have just recently applied nursing home husband who is at

Customer Question

I have just recently applied for Medicaid for skilled nursing home for my husband who is at end stage Parkinson's disease and Lewy Body Dementia. I have been caring for him for several years and can no longer do this and his doctors have had him placed in a nursing home. He has been placed in a nursing home within the last two months. I have done all the requirements to apply for Medicaid but was today that because of my husband's retirement from 42 years as a technician in the NCANG and pension from his 17 years in the active member of the NG plus his S.S. adding up to $4714.92 (He is 80 years old) and my Social Security of $900 that I will have to pay an additional $2,400 a month. This is impossible but I cannot take care of him by myself at home. I am 73 years old and in very good health but when all of the monthly bills are paid I have only $390.00 to last to the end of the month. Is there anything that I can do to help my situation? I understood at first that I would have to be left with enough to pay my bills since I will be living at home. Can you direct me to someone who might be able to help?
Mrs. Herbert C. Rivenbark (Frances)
Category: Finance
Expert:  Shawn P Adamo replied 11 months ago.

Good morning.

I am sorry to hear your sad situation. There are several options available to you (depends where you live).

Would you offer a telephone call? I will offer you one.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where is the answer to my question that I paid $39.00 for? I'm not paying anymore. Either give me an answer or refund my money.

Okay. In order to assist you what city and state do you live in?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I live in Rocky Point, North Carolina

Great. I would contact state and county services.

There is help to pay got groceries, in home care, delivered meals, cleaning help, etc.

For example:

Social Services Department  

Social Services Organization

Address:***** Wilmington, NC 28401

Phone(###) ###-####/p>

Brunswick County Food Stamps  

County Government Office

Address: 60 Government Center Dr NE, Bolivia, NC 28422

Phone(###) ###-####/p>

Some private services work to reduce your payment to them and the govt helps:http://www.brightstarcare.com/home-care/

This site helps pay bills and free up money:http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/brunswick_county_assistance_pr.html

Hopefully these site help. A phone call also helps more. There is no time limit.

How else can I help you? Please respond.