Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

I have a question regarding IPI7
, I am a Card holder,

Customer Question

Customer: Hello I have a question regarding IPI7
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am a Green Card holder, Indian Citizen, holding Indian passport, purchased a apartment in India, cash down. Am I required to file IPI 7.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Finance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 1 year ago.

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

From what I understand from your question, you are a NRI - Non Resident Indian and a Green Card holder currently residing in the US.

The IPI 7 filing requirements are for foreign citizens and PIO -- Person of Indian Origin and OCI -- Overseas Citizens of India.

You, since you are an Indian Citizen currently (not a foreign citizen anda PIO or OCI) NEED NOT file IPI 7. There is no requirement of such filing or seeking permission from the RBI.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards