Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

I have a student loan. The total amount of loans is

Customer Question

I have a student loan. The total amount of loans is $31,250 and the total currently owed is 32,533. (Payments were deferred until 1/2016.) The term is 10 years, starting in January. The interest rate on the first $25,000 is 3.86. The interest rate on the final $6,250 is 4.66 I am on a graduated repayment plan: First 2 years: $216 2 more years at: 266 2 more years at: 327 2 more years at: 402 Final 2 years at: 495 If I pay an extra $19 per month *and* my interest rate drops by .25%, how much will I save in total?

Category: Finance
Expert:  Jawwaad Ahmed replied 11 months ago.

I am sending you the offer, please accept it so the answer may be provided in next 24 hours, thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relist: Other.
Overcharging. No need for additional services for one answer.
Expert:  PDtax replied 11 months ago.

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax. I am not the original Expert, but was notified by site management that you requested me.

If the responding expert will meet your needs, that's fine. If you instead want me to assist, please specify who you want to assist by name.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hello, yes please PDTax, I did request you and would appreciate your help.

Expert:  PDtax replied 11 months ago.

OK. PDtax here. Can I help in the morning?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hello. I can wait if it's necessary.

Expert:  PDtax replied 11 months ago.

Better if I can do this in the morning. It's 9:00 EST here. I'll work on this in the morning.

Expert:  PDtax replied 11 months ago.

The spreadsheet to do this is pretty involved. I will do this for you, but need to ask for a price increase.

Accept the posted Offer, and I'm right on it for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

First you ask me to be patient, meaning I need to wait for 12+ hours for a reply when you participate in a service that is all about fast answers. Then, after waiting all night, you ask for an additional $45.

No thanks.

Expert:  PDtax replied 11 months ago.

Sorry we couldn't make a deal. I will opt out.