PDtax
PDtax, CPA, MBA
Experience:  Tax professional and business consultant for 35 years.
64119565

We need to back pay a employee from sept 1st week to Nov

Customer Question

We need to back pay a employee from sept 1st week to Nov last week 2015. We hired her on 1st sept, but immediately the employee travelled overseas. For some reason she was not paid as she travelled overseas. Also at same time when we did efpts and twc
we did not took into account her employment. Can we go back and do back pay? how do we fix efpts?
Category: Finance
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax.

You could just amend the filings, and cut a check to pay in the back taxes. This skips the EFTPS system. I might consider another way.

Pay all the pay at once, prospectively. Deposit through the EFTPS system as if all the work was done in December.

The amendment and check is the correct method, the catch up method could be considered acceptable. The second method likely escapes the penalties.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.