Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

How do I fill out a w4 form if I 't want the government

Customer Question

how do I fill out a w4 form if I don't want the government to take much taxes out of my check? I only worked as a laborer for a couple weeks and need as much money as I can get. I haven't earned any other income all year long. I am a male , head of household,
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 12 months ago.

,,,,

The more allowance you add (each allowance equates to another $4000 of income that you are saying is not taxable) ... for example sometimes people whjo have a 12,000 mortgage deduction will add three ADDITIONAL allowances so there's no withholding against that income.

Expert:  Lane replied 12 months ago.

If you're saying that you would only be paying in the withholding tax to get it all back in a refund, then you aren't really at risk for adding too many

Expert:  Lane replied 12 months ago.

Here's an excellent calculator for figuring the number; https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/IRS-Withholding-Calculator