Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

The van was purchased used, a 2010 Toyota Sienna XL, which

Customer Question

The van was purchased used, a 2010 Toyota Sienna XL, which already had the conversion done to it. We bought it from a company that specializes in new and used cars and vans that are converted for wheelchair accessability. The sales contract splits out
the value of the van into the chassis price and the price allocated to the conversion features. The total cost of the van was 43,700, with the value of the vehicle at approx 23,700 and the value of the conversion at appro 20,000. If I understand what I have
read and your previous response to my question, then the 20,000 would be deductible as a medical expense. I am using approximate numbers because I do not have the contract in front of me. Also, would the interest charged for the actual loan to purchase the
van be included in the deductible amount?
Category: Finance
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. Thanks for asking for me.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Can I ask you to accept my answer to your first question? I'll be glad to address follow-up questions, but please rate my first response.