Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

A manufacturing company is thinking of launching a new

Customer Question

A manufacturing company is thinking of launching a new product. The company expects to sell $950,000 of the new product in the first year and $1,500,000 each year thereafter. Direct costs including labor and materials will be 45% of sales. Indirect incremental costs are estimated at $95,000 a year. The project requires a new plant that will cost a total of $1,500,000, which will be a depreciated straight line over the next 5 years. The new line will also require an additional net investment in inventory and receivables in the amount of $200,000.
Assume there is no need for additional investment in building the land for the project. The firm's marginal tax rate is 35%, and its cost of capital is 10%.
To receive full credit on this assignment, please show all work, including formulae and calculations used to arrive at financial values.
Assignment Guidelines
Using the information in the assignment description:
Prepare a statement showing the incremental cash flows for this project over an 8-year period.
Calculate the payback period (P/B) and the net present value (NPV) for the project.
Answer the following questions based on your P/B and NPV calculations:
Do you think the project should be accepted? Why?
Assume the company has a P/B (payback) policy of not accepting projects with life of over 3 years.
If the project required additional investment in land and building, how would this affect your decision? Explain.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I can help, but I wanted to advise you that Just Answer has recently introduced a new “Additional Service” where I can help you through email. Since this is an additional service, it involves an additional charge, but since I agree with your offer I can charge you the lowest possible charge for email help ($5) If interested, Please accept the offer.

P.S. If you just want me to post the solution here, please advise

Thank you