Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

I'd like to purchase a home that's selling at 608,000. I

Customer Question

I'd like to purchase a home that's selling at 608,000. I want to purchase it with my brother through an LLC. I'm wondering if I'm able to qualify for that price
I will mostly be renting this property out to separate tenants and a separate lease for each. it's a 5 bedroom home and I will be leaving 1 bedroom empty for myself. I am traveling so much it will not be my primary residence.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and I'll be happy to help you.

Purchasing a home through an LLC offers more protection in a law suit than if you purchased it under your name. Here is an excellent article re: purchasing your home through an LLC. (The article deals with purchasing your primary residence through an LLC, but purchasing a place that you use as part rental/part personal would follow the same theory.)

Please see below:

http://www.realtor.com/advice/ask-michele/benefits-buying-home-with-llc/

If you have any questions, please post them here and I'll be notified.

If this question has helped you, please take the moment to rate positive.

It is only through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge

Thank you for using justanswer.

Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.