Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

I am the landlord small business property. The rent is not

Customer Question

I am the landlord for a small business property. The rent is not making the bank payment or the taxes. I need to raise their rent. What is a reasonable increase percentage.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 1 year ago.

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

So far as Kansas is concerned, Kansas does not have a state statute on the amount of notice the landlord must provide tenants in order to increase the rent or change other terms of a month-to-month rental agreement. Unless your rental agreement specifies otherwise, the landlord must typically provide the same amount of notice to change the rent or another term of the tenancy as state law requires the landlord to provide when ending the tenancy—in this case, 30 days.

So far as quantum of rent increase is concerned, it believe it should be equivalent to the amount of taxes that you need to cover.

So, my suggestion would be give a month's notice, and increase the rent by the amount of taxes that you need to cover.

I am sure this would help. I wish you good luck.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,