Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

I was subject to a 3 year line by line audit that was

Customer Question

I was subject to a 3 year line by line audit that was shuffled around to four different examiners and full of mistakes that I had to correct. Finally for my 2013 return, the examiner's final report said that I actually made 40k less than I claimed, but
somehow I still owed 5k. I thought she was mistaken about the information on my 3 children (3rd was born in 13) and mailed a protesting the balance, correct information of my children, and request for explanation of why I owed if I made less with certified
mail. I never heard back from the examiner's office or an appeal officer. I received a notice now that I can take it to tax court. I have attached the examiner's finding and my 13 report filed. Can somebody explain to me why I would owe 5k if the examination
found I made 40k less? The only credits that I claimed were for my children and law school tuition.
Category: Finance
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax, and saw your request. I have reviewed your attachments as well.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

I can assist, but need to ask for an hour of professional time to do so. I'll also need a complete copy of the return you prepared, and some more input from you regarding your college costs.