Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant
Experience:  Tax Accountant
58285678

I am active duty minority officer currently stationed in DC

Customer Question

Good Evening,
I am active duty minority officer currently stationed in DC and desire to start my own business with a base in Florida which is my home of record and the place I plan to retire. I eventually would like to develop a town center which would consist of several local businesses in an ideal location. The business I want to pursue will consist of homemade items (canned dry and wet food, quilts, sewn clothes, handmade baskets, limited breakfast/lunch menu that is seasonal with delivery to the elderly/disabled, jewelry, pillows, stuffed animals, large garden area, and monthly farm to table lunch/dinner). How do I even begin? I need help with developing the following: Business plan with proper budget, grants preferred over a loan, connection with business organizations that support local businesses, purchasing land, phasing my plan, financial management every step of the way, business tools for advertising, revitalizing, target marketing, and remaining relevant.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

As the business will be located in Florida, you may want to start by contacting the Florida SBDC (Small Business Development Center). SEE BELOW:

As the only statewide provider of entrepreneurial and business development services, the Florida SBDC Network plays a vital role in Florida’s economic development by assisting entrepreneurs in every stage of the business life cycle.

Since 1976, FSBDCs have assisted hundreds of thousands of emerging and growing businesses by providing the professional expertise, tools, and information necessary to make sound business decisions in a complex and ever-changing marketplace.

In addition to the FSBDC’s core service offerings of consulting provided at no-cost, training, and business research, the Florida SBDC Network also provides a comprehensive toolkit of specialized services for qualifying businesses looking to accelerate market growth, including: Growth Acceleration, International Trade, Government Contracting, and Business Continuation.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

http://floridasbdc.org/

There are various locations. To find a location near you, refer to the following webpage and type in your zip code.

http://floridasbdc.org/locations/

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.