Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

I'm looking to borrow money to pay off all of my cc

Customer Question

Hi, I'm looking to borrow money to pay off all of my cc debt... Recent credit history is good, but earlier history stinks, which now makes me have a 557 credit score... Any ideas??? Looking to borrow $7000
Category: Finance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am also a student. I am employed as a nurse as well... My credit is just very crapty at this point... I will have no issues making 1 monthly payment. Just wanted to include this in case this helped or opened up more options!!!
Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years, and I'm happy to help you.

I'm assuming that you already tried for the loan on your own, and you were turned down. If you HAVEN'T tried for the loan, I would do that first.

Short of having a co signer , if you own a home, you may be able to take a home equity line of credit

There are many new CC's that are allowing interest free balance transfers and no interest for 6 mos. 12mos, etc . If you could transfer ANY of your previous CC balances to a no interest CC , I would do so.

If the bank turned you down for the $7000, I would ask them what, if anything, they COULD lend me with that credit score.

You may have to approach this problem as not one large cc bill, but as many cc bills, and then look for solutions for EACH cc.

I hope this helps

If you have questions, please post them here and I'll be notified

If this has answered your question, then please rate positive (smiley faces or stars)

Positive ratings are the only way that we are compensated for our time and knowledgte

Thank you for using justanswer.