Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I have setup my paypal account. I am selling an item. The

Customer Question

I have setup my paypal account. I am selling an item. The buyer wants my account number so that he can send money to the account. I am not sure what the account number is. Can you help me complete this transaction?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

First of all the buyer does not need your account number. He can send by sending to your email address associated with the account (paypal recommends that you never give out your account number)

...

You can also send an invoice from the account, and all the buyer has to do is either use his paypal account to pay the invoice using either his paypal account OR can click on the button in this email invoice to use a credit or debit card.

...

Just so you KNOW you account number (which, again, I would not recommend that you give it out) when you first log in to your paypal account go to (profile) ... on the top-right of your screen ... then "profile and settings," and (you'll probably have to scroll down, but toward the bottom of that screen you'll see your account number, or merchant ID If this is a merchant account

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

Lane